General Welfare

If your child needs to take on-going medication e.g. for asthma, please into come into school and discuss your child’s requirements with the Welfare Officer (Mrs Hammond) or one of our Medical Team.

You will be asked to contribute to a Care Plan outlining your child’s medical needs, the dose and timing of medication and what action should be taken in an emergency. The medicine must be prescribed by a Doctor and the Care Plan signed by the child’s parent or carer. The Care Plan will be shared with all appropriate adults, medication will be kept in a secure location and administered under the supervision of an adult.

If your child becomes ill or sustains any injury at school, they will be cared for by our Welfare Officer (Mrs Hammond) or one of our Medical Team. If it is deemed necessary parents will be asked to come to the school to collect their child.


In case of an emergency, please make sure we always have up-to-date phone numbers where you can be contacted.


Parents/carers will be informed of any head injuries sustained and for serious accidents we follow the procedures laid down by the London Borough of Enfield.

Hospital Care

If at any point your child is under the care of a hospital, sprained or broken limbs etc you will be asked to contribute to a Care Plan outlining your child’s needs.


This will enable us to ensure that any guidance you have been given by the hospital can be put in place. Also we will be able to put risk assessments in place to ensure that your child can move safely around the school especially if we have an evacuation situation.



Covid 19

Do not send your child to school if they are suffering from the symptoms of Covid 19.


The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:

  • a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal


If you have any of these symptoms, get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have coronavirus and stay at home until you get your result, even if the symptoms are mild.


We would recommend that you use Lateral Flow Device tests with your family regularly to check to see if you are a asymptomatic carrier. 


Head Lice

This is a very common problem in schools, which is easily treatable at home. Treatments can be purchased at the chemist. If you do discover head lice we can provide advice in school; please come in and ask for an information sheet. It would be helpful if you would let the school know if your child does have head lice so that other parents can be alerted to check their children’s hair and treat it if necessary.

Child Protection

The Area Child Protection Committee, with members from Social Care, Health Departments, Police, NSPCC, the Education Department and others, have published procedures on Child Protection. The procedures give clear instructions for school staff to inform Social Care immediately of any allegation of abuse or non-accidental injury. It is the duty of the school to follow these instructions. Parents/carers are informed as soon as possible. A copy of the school’s Child Protection Policy is available for inspection.