Chase Side Primary Catch-up 2020 2021
In July 2020 the government announced catch-up funding for every school stating “Children and young people across the country have experienced unprecedented disruption to their education as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). Those from the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds will be among those hardest hit. The aggregate impact of lost time in education will be substantial, and the scale of our response must match the scale of the challenge.”
Chase Side Primary have been allocated for 2020 - 2021: £32,000
How Chase SIde Primary will spend the money
- Appointed an experienced teacher on a full time basis (5 days per week for 13 weeks) to run catch up sessions in Reading, Writing and Maths. This was for children from Reception up to Year 6.
- Appointed an additional teacher one day a week to run sessions for small groups of children in Years 1 – 5. The focus will be on Writing and Maths. (23 weeks)
- Appointed a teacher to organise and run on-line sessions in Reading and Maths for children in Lower KS1 during periods of remote learning. (8 weeks)
How the effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of those pupils at the school will be assessed
- A baseline assessment will be taken at the beginning of any additional support and an exit assessment at the end of the support.
- Formative assessment will continue with 6 Data Checkpoints being tracked by teaching staff and monitored by Phase Leaders and the Senior Leadership Team.